Subject: Re: sn0: receive descriptors exhausted
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: xiamin <root@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/19/1997 15:07:40
On Sat, 19 Jul 1997, Erik E. Fair wrote:
> A quick examination of the device driver source code shows this message
> coming from the interrupt service routine, reporting the state of a status
> bit from the device. This may or may not mean that the device dropped some
> packets for lack of RAM (docs for the device should say, but the code isn't
> incrementing any "dropped packets" counter). When do you get the
> diagnostic? Grabbing big multi-media web pages or doing FTP of big files?
>
> 	curious,
>
> 	Erik
Actually I got it while I was asleep...about all the activity that should
have been happening would be talk sessions, or telnet, Hmmm, actually a
user might have downloaded a large file during the night...I don't think
he did.
I can't really think of anything that might have done it, but I'll look
through the logs just in case.
Xiamin