Subject: NetBSD on Powerbook Duo 230?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Agustin, Jr. <agustin@apicom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/18/1997 14:05:00
I've been periodically following the development of NetBSD for the 68K macs
for about a year now, and I haven't seen any promising news on getting
NetBSD running on the powerbook duos until recently -- I saw on someone's
personal web page that he was working (or planning to work on) getting
NetBSD to recognize whether or not a duo was docked or undocked.

To me, this implies that NetBSD might be working in some shape or form on
the Duos...  Is this true?  The last I heard was that someone tried to boot
NetBSD on his Duo 270 with no luck whatsoever.  I have a Duo 230 and I'd
really like to get involved in helping the mac68k NetBSD project, but
hardware and financial limitations (I can't afford to buy a mac that's
supported) have so far prevented me from doing so.

Robert

P.S. - I'm not a god-like systems programmer, I'm just a beginner with a
comp. sci. background that is very willing to learn.