Subject: trouble booting SE/30
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allan M Lee <allanlee@viola.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/17/1997 10:18:27
Hi,

This is perhaps a common problem, I don't know.

Machine: SE/30
MacOS: System 7.5.3
Control Panels and extensions: all off except Mode32

When I tried to boot with "extra debugging info" box checked, it reads

[snip]

Set _boothowto to 0x2.

Bye-bye
[snip]
to...

Set _mac68k_vrsrc_cnt to 0x1

<<<

and froze!  I tried a number of times with the same result.  What am I
doing wrong?

Misc info:

1)
After building devices, I was not successful in this command: "mount
/dev/sd0a/ /usr"

output:

"/usr:  device is busy" (or something like that).

2)
When using the installer, I got an "Error on SCSIRead(), # 5"; and in Mini
shell, when I used the ls command, after .profile was the line "fstat : No
such file or directory" then continued with netbsd.  (netbsd didn't show
up the first time I installed it, or thought I did.)

3)
The three set base121, netbsd, etc121 were ungzipped using stuffit
expander with enhancer before using installer to install them.  I didn't
know the installer could decompress the sets.

Any help is much appreciated,

Allan