Subject: Re: color lkm load panic
To: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <71410.25@CompuServe.COM>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/17/1997 08:24:32
Hi,

If you want a relatively "painless" way to try and get color X working on
your IIci, then you might wnat to try one of Taras color kernels.  The ftp
site is:

   ftp://ctpa01.mit.edu/pub/ivanenko/macbsd/old/

However, like Michael suggested, it is probably the video card itself.  I
think most 24-bit video cards do not work with NetBSD right now.

Mark

On 16 Jul 1997, T. Sean (Theo) Schulze wrote:

> Well, if this is true then I've another challenge ahead of me.  I printed
> off a copy of Colin's HOWTO on kernel compiling, I was just hoping to put
> off that distinct pleasure for a little while longer yet :-)  In anycase,
> I'm up for the challenge.  (It's gotta be easier than formatting the
> "Harddrive from Hell".)

Mark Andres   E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
    Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
 http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/