Subject: Re: color lkm load panic
To: None <71410.25@CompuServe.COM>
From: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/16/1997 21:48:07
Theo,
  There are two problems with color LKM: one was pointed out by
previous responces (your card may not be supported) and the other
problem is the LKM itself. It was working for my card (at least) with
the March 9 kernel but there were many changes in the kernel since
that time.

On the boot the kernel your tried said
> ite at grf0 not configured

I am curious what video address it reported (it should be somewhere
 near the top of the screen)

As Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net> suggested,
> If you want a relatively "painless" way to try and get color X working on
> your IIci, then you might wnat to try one of Taras color kernels.

Those kernels are pretty old now and newer system programs may not
work with them. If I remember correctly, the last kernel I build was
somewhere between 1.1 and 1.2 releases.

BTW, the location ftp://ctpa01.mit.edu/pub/ivanenko is not very
reliable now since I graduated from MIT. The files will probably stay
there for a long time since no one cares about system support on those
machines, but I will not be very surprised to see them dissappear
without my intervention.

So, you best bet is to wait some time for Paul Goyette to finish his
fight with the Slot Manager or I will update the old color LKM if I
find some time.

	Taras Ivanenko.