Subject: Re: color lkm load panic
To: port-mac68k , Andy Sinesio <andy@imaginet.com>
From: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <71410.25@CompuServe.COM>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/16/1997 18:26:00
Andy,

You wrote:

>I'm not 100% sure, but I remember reading that the GENERIC kernels do not
>support color X, which is a shame because the generic kernels are the
>only ones I can find that will work on my Quadra 700.  So, you'll have to
>compile your own kernel with the color lkm stuff.  Don't ask me how to,
>though, because i'm just as clueless as you are on how to do it.  I
>believe it says how to compile your own kernel in the macbsd docs on
>puma.macbsd.com, in the HOWTO section.

Well, if this is true then I've another challenge ahead of me.  I printed
off a copy of Colin's HOWTO on kernel compiling, I was just hoping to put
off that distinct pleasure for a little while longer yet :-)  In anycase,
I'm up for the challenge.  (It's gotta be easier than formatting the
"Harddrive from Hell".)

Cheers,

Sean.

T. Sean (Theo) Schulze
71410.25@compuserve.com

"...determines to remain seized of the matter."