Subject: Re: NFS on Mac
To: Joel Menezes <machack@ziplink.net>
From: Jude Giampaolo <jude@ruf2ece.psu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/16/1997 10:37:23
Someone named Joel Menezes told me:

> I was wondering if there are any utilities or extensions or anything that
> will let the mac OS see an NFS partition or anything of the like

Not likely. As far as I know all of the previously avaliable NFS client
software has been discontinued. I am involved in a project to produce
a freeware/shareware NFS client, but currently that project is going
nowhere due to lack of people with time.

I would suggest you look into running netatalk. I have never run it under
netbsd, but I have been quite satisfied with it under Linux. It will
make your unix workalike look like an AppleShare server.

(If anyone is interested in the Macintosh NFS client project I
can post the URL for its web page to this mailing list.)

Happy Hacking!

--
Jude Charles Giampaolo
Penn State University