Subject: Re: P475
To: xiamin <root@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/16/1997 09:16:18
Hi,

I believe there are two problems associated with the P475/LC475/Q475
machines.  First, there is the 68LC040 problem which means that your
system will not be very usable. The second problem is that the ADB
controller is not yet supported, so you would have to use a serial
console.

Mark

On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, David Brownlee wrote:

> 	On the assumption that the 475 has 68LC040 NetBSD will probably
> 	not work that well right now unless you replace your CPU with a
> 	full 68040 (which would speed up floating point operations under
> 	MacOS as well).
>
> 	Generally the best kernel to run is the latest one from
> 	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k
>
> On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, xiamin wrote:
>
> > Can NetBSD run on a Performa 475? If so, what kernel is needed to acheive
> > this?
> > Xiamin

Mark Andres   E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
    Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!