Subject: Re: Apple Ethernet NB Card
To: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@Glue.umd.edu>
From: Sean Figgins <sfiggins@petris.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/15/1997 17:20:09
On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Christopher R. Bowman wrote:

> BUZZZT!  That was what I was afraid of this card doesn't and probably
> never will work.  even thought it has DP83932BVF it uses the
> MC68000FN10 (10 Mhz 68000 little faster than on a Mac SE) to do the
> processing of packets, there is no driver that runs it due to a lack
> of documentation of the hardware sufficient to permit a driver to be
> written by the people with the know-how.

Well, I solved my problem by cracking open our accounting server, and
finding a Asante MacCon Ethernet Card inside.  So, I swapped.  There may
be something wrong with this card, as I can't get it to be configured at
boot time, but at least it works.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this.

---
Sean Figgins, Network and Systems Coordinator - figgins@petris.com
Petris Technology, Inc., 2950 North Loop West, Suite 1050,
Houston, TX  77092     Voice:  713-956-2165     FAX:  713-956-2185