Subject: Re: NetBSD-current booting probs
To: Josh Hope <otaku@redneck.hick.com>
From: William R. Dickson <wrd@awenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/15/1997 15:26:04
On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Josh Hope wrote:

> Anyways, I then restarted. Upon booting up, a curious thing happened:
>
> Automatic boot in progress: starting file system checks
> Usage: fsck [-dfnpy] [-b block] [-c level] [-m mode] filesystem ...
>
> Then the system went into single user. I exitted out, and the boot
> continued...and errored when it tried loading syslogd:

This happened to me when I unpacked base like this:

cd /
tar -zxvf /path/to/base

I then re-did the job, like so:

cd /

tar --unlink -zxvpf /path/to/base

...and the problem went away.

-Bill

--
 William R. Dickson -- Consuming the Earth's limited resources since 1968
 wrd@awenet.com  <>  http://www.halcyon.com/wrd/  <>  VNB3T, VSC1T, VSX1T

    Never mind, there's a good film showing tonight,
    Where they hang everybody who can read and write,
    But that could never happen here,
    But then again, it might.

                                   - Elvis Costello