Subject: One port, two Macs
To: NetBSD Mac <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Amitai Schlair <amitai.schlair@usa.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/15/1997 14:15:31
The college I will be attending next year (i.e, in a month! yee-ha! :)
allows only one device per network port. I have a IIci running NetBSD
and a 7100 on MacOS. The college will only give me one Ethernet
interface (either a transceiver for the 7100 or a card for the IIci).

I have a feeling their restriction is intended simply to limit the
number of IP addresses. Is there a way to connect the two Macs and the
one faceplate, via Ethernet, that uses only one IP address between the
two? What hardware/software do I need?

Thanks for any help. I'm a newbie, so please write slowly. ;)

--
Amitai Schlair
amitai.schlair@usa.net