Subject: uucp stuff...?
To: Port Mac 68K <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/14/1997 18:15:09
Hi there... Once of my near-future goals is to get uucp running on my
NetBSD/mac68K-equipped SE/30.

I have two questions, at present:

1) The 06/01/1997 -current snapshot doesn't seem to include a full uucp
package. Is there a preferred (under NetBSD) uucp package out there, or
should just about anything work? Is there a uupc available for NetBSD?

2) I had to recompile uupc on my Mac so that the initial line of any
particular outbound message would read something like "From
user@acheron..." as opposed to "From acheron...!user", since there are
mailers out there that reject mail whose "From " (no colon) header uses
bang-path addressing. Is there a way that this can be achieved easily with
a Unix uucp, in a settings file or something, or should I dig around and
change the source to get it working? (I realise that this probably is
dependant on the particular package, but if there's a preferred package for
NetBSD I'll use it, so answers specific to that package (whatever it is)
will work nicely.)

Thanks in advance for the help.

--
        Mason Loring Bliss    /\    mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us
      PGPKeyID: 0x25B3D5B5   /()\   awake ? sleep() : dream();