Subject: Re: *PPP HELP!* well.. I'm kinda stuck :(
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: taco <cyberdog@gate.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/14/1997 15:03:30
well..it didn't work.. it still says connecting... pppd: command not found.
This really is strange because a couple of months ago I was using netbsd
like crazy, having ppp up, running eggdrop bots, etc. I don't know what the
problem is now. It's the same script. As for your problem, i ran into that
to. What you need to do is go into your /etc/ppp and make a new file called
pap-secrets.

put inside it this: * * yourppppasswd
then gointo the options file, and remove everything underneath CONNECT " "
now a days isp's use passwd authentication protocal. insead of login
scripts. It worked fine for me. I hope this works for you, it did for me a
while ago