Subject: Re: LCIII or not to LCIII?
To: Josh Hope <otaku@redneck.hick.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/14/1997 11:41:19
Hi,

Here are the actual URLs.  Note that these do not change since the latest
directory is a symlink to whatever is the most current.

Main binary snapshots are in:

   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/latest/snapshot

The matching kernels can be found in:

   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/latest/kernels

I keep these and other commonly used URLs in a "postit" using Xpostit.

Mark

On Sun, 13 Jul 1997, David A. Gatwood wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jul 1997, Josh Hope wrote:
>
> > Just wondering if an LCIII will work with NetBSD at all...last time I
> > checked, it wouldn't...t
>
> It has for some time, though I'm not sure if it did in either 1.2 or 1.2.1
> (the latter was not a features release, but more a patch level for bug
> fixes, if I understand right).  You'll probably end up setting up a
> -current system.  DL tarballs and kernels from ftp.netbsd.org under
> NetBSD-current (play around until you find the path...).  They should look
> just like normal distributions (like etc11, comp11, man11, etc.) except
> without the version number (they're -current, no version number).  The
> kernels are somewhere on there too, probably nearby but I haven't looked
> in a while.

Mark Andres   E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
    Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
 http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/