Subject: Re: IntVid, GENERIC, and general organization
To: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@glue.umd.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/12/1997 13:47:08
> > At any rate, the intvid_info[] table is a mixed blessing; it makes things
> > work in one mode, but if e.g. the 256-color mode has a different offset
> > than the B&W mode, it causes trouble.  I suppose we could wire that in,
> > too, but I haven't decided how much sense that makes.
> >
> > --scott
>
> Lets get this code into the tree, so that people can make kernels with
> it(I would like to make some.)  When MR Zucas code comes out (when ever
> that is) we can have it replace it, but until then lets put it in.
>
> ---------
> Christopher R. Bowman
> crb@Glue.umd.edu
> My home page

If I could maybe suggest that we either collect common sets of patches on
ftp.netbsd.org and/or puma, or we throw them in the tree wrapped in
#ifdef OPTION_WHATEVER. I understand Scott's concern that a lot of this
stuff can be on the harry edge, and might break people's machines. By
using #ifdef's a lot, we can do a poor-man's CVS branch trick; you only
use the new code if you ask for it.

Take care,

Bill