Subject: Re: Mac IIsi
To: Sean Figgins <sfiggins@petris.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/12/1997 18:21:48
Hi,

A while back, Colin posted instructions on how to make a NetBSD/mac68k
boot floppy.  If you search through the mail archives you should be able
to find instructions on how to do this.  Then, you do not need to boot
into MacOS first.  Here is the search page I use:

   http://routbort.neuro.duke.edu/netbsd/

I think there is another one too.  Check the MacBSD homepages for its
location.

Mark

On Fri, 11 Jul 1997, Sean Figgins wrote:

> I've been able to install the NetBSD operating system on this beast, but
> I'm having trouble getting it to boot into NetBSD as default.  It won't
> recognize the partition as bootable, OR it keeps looking for something
> that isn't there.  I followed install instructions, but didn't see how to
> get this thing to boot, other than boot MacOS first.  There must be a
> way, as I don't have a large enough hard disk to keep both OSs.
>
> TIA.
>
> ---
> Sean Figgins, Network and Systems Coordinator - figgins@petris.com
> Petris Technology, Inc., 2950 North Loop West, Suite 1050,
> Houston, TX  77092     Voice:  713-956-2165     FAX:  713-956-2185

Mark Andres   E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
    Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
 http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/