Subject: Re: IntVid, GENERIC, and general organization
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/12/1997 03:48:46
On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, Scott Reynolds wrote:
> Oh, really?  Now I'm a little confused... I wonder why the standard
> kernels didn't work in the past (around Oct/Nov last year).

Ah, sorry, I didn't meant to give the impression that the kernels didn't
work at all... as far as I know, they've always worked :) Looking through
my old mail logs, I got the ROM ADB vectors for the 660av working around
May '96, so it'd at least boot into single user mode. Some hacking to the
old scsi96 driver got me into multiuser mode around October '96. I then
started looking at the ptest040 stuff and got the video working around
December '96...

> At any rate, the intvid_info[] table is a mixed blessing; it makes things
> work in one mode, but if e.g. the 256-color mode has a different offset
> than the B&W mode, it causes trouble.  I suppose we could wire that in,
> too, but I haven't decided how much sense that makes.

Yeah, that's what I figured... 256-color mode does have a different
offset, BTW...

Well, good luck on getting all of that stuff working! :) Let me know if
you'd like me to try patches out or anything on my 660av!
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++