Subject: Classic II configuration...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Onat Ahmet <onat@ohv.kuee.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/12/1997 16:25:10
Hi;

I'm trying to install NetBSD onto a Classic II. I want to
place most of the static system files (i.e. those that are
not going to be changed frequently) on a 5.25in MO disc; 290M.
Swap & users will reside on the only spare HDD I have,
which is just 100M. (RAM is 10M BTW.)

The meta FAQ says this is not possible; that the system and swap
partitions must be on the same drive no matter what "fstab"
says, and to change this, a new kernel must be compiled :(

I'm a newbie in installing NetBSD (did install Linux once),
but I am comfortable with UNIX, and have some system
administration experience on Sun OS.

So I would welcome any advice on seperating system and swap;
or any available kernels that can do this.

Thanks;

| Ahmet ONAT  Kyoto Univ. Japan                                 |
| E-mail    : onat@kuee.kyoto-u.ac.jp                           |
| WWW page  : http://turbine.kuee.kyoto-u.ac.jp/staff/onat.html |
|             My 6 leg walker, RC airplanes & more in home page |

   Land mines kill civilians in peacetime! Support total ban.