Subject: Re: format ???
To: Christoph Ewering <eweri@uni-paderborn.de>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/10/1997 17:01:28
What kind of disk do you want to format?  A floppy?  NetBSD/Mac68k doesn't
yet have floppy support.  :(

If you want to format a SCSI disk, well, you could always write a simple
program to send the appropriate SCSI command (singular!) to the drive.
Something along the lines of sdremap.c (which was posted to this list
aeons ago) could serve as a model.  If you can't find sdremap.c, let me
know and I'll ship you a coppy.

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Christoph Ewering wrote:

> hello everybody!
>
> Is there no format command in the NetBSD/mac68k distribution ?
>
> I wanted to format a disk within NetBSD, but I can not find the format
> command.
>
> Bye,
> 	Christoph
>
> Christoph Ewering         eweri@uni-paderborn.de
> Husarenstrasse 48         Fon: 05254 12555
> 33104 Paderborn           www.uni-paderborn.de/Admin/eweri/

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com |