Subject: Re: Annoying Error
To: Aaron Gerega <ag001e@uhura.cc.rochester.edu>
From: Andrew Brennan <brennan@crashprone.allegheny.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/10/1997 11:22:52
On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Aaron Gerega wrote:

> Maybe it would help if I told you is I was in 128.151.19.*

   Perhaps you're on the same physical segment as the .18.* subnet?
   Depending on the network mask, you might see broadcasts from it,
   which could begin to explain your error message(s).

   You might try to get some SNMP output from your gateway router -
   see if the .18.250 device is listed there and look up the vendor
   from it's ethernet address ... gives you a bit more info, if for
   no other reason.

   andrew.  (brennan@auhs.edu)

		"Have you changed your domain name today?"