Subject: Re: "[: not found" messages on boot
To: Andrew Gibson <agibson@chac.qld.edu.au>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/10/1997 07:57:12
On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Andrew Gibson wrote:
> I'm a newbie at this so please forgive my ovbious ignorance. I am concerned
> about two things in the messages displayed on boot.
>
>    1. [: not found messages (which I don't think were there when I first
>       installed NetBSD

That means that "/bin/[" somehow got deleted or renamed or something...
(often, people do ls /bin and see this weird [ file and think it's some
stray file that can be deleted -- but it's not :)

ln /bin/test /bin/[

should fix it.

I dunno 'bout the rest of your questions, sorry...
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++