Subject: Problem with PPP & fsck
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andy Sinesio <andy@imaginet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/09/1997 14:56:01
Hello all.

Whenever I boot into NetBSD, it works fine until it says "starting file
system checks" then brings up this error: "Usage: fsck [ something ] [
something else] filesystem". Then it says "Unknown error; help!" and
drops me into single-user mode. I run "fsck" on the disk, then type
"exit" to get into multi-user. Everything works after this point, but I
have to do this every time I boot.

I'm running the GENERIC-32 kernel with the latest snapshot of everything
else.

Problem #2: PPP

Okay.  I downloaded Bill Studenmund's ppp setup scripts and configured
them as is stated in the "README".  After running ./ppp-up, my modem
dials and establishes a connection to my ISP.  Once the modems are
connected, nothing happens for a minute and 30 seconds, at which point my
ISP drops the carrier and my modem re-dials.  It happens at 1 minute and
30 seconds every time, so my guess is my ISP is disconnecting me because
the script isn't logging in properly.  I've set the login and password
variables correctly in ppp-login, however.  If I type "netstat -r" while
the modems are connected, it justs lists localhost.  If i try telnetting
somewhere while the modems are connected, if I use a domain name it can't
look up the host, and if I use an IP address, then it can't find a route
to host.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andy Sinesio