Subject: NFS, kerberos
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dan Heller <heller@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/08/1997 23:26:12
Hi, I'm new here, sorry if this has been answered....

I want to run an NFS server on a Q610 (25 '040).  What exactly do I need?
 Do I need a kernel that specifically supports it?  Right now, I believe
I am using a Generic kernel from 6/1.  Also, I think I have seen two
different NFS packages lying around on different servers.  What is the
best solution?  Also, what kind of a load does NFS put on a machine?  The
NFS drive will likely be mounted on 3 or 4 other machines...

Also, does anyone have any experience with kerberos on MacBSD?  I would
like to have basic kerberos authentication, possibly authenticated login,
and maybe even setting up a kerberos realm if I get ambitious.  I have
set up kerberos authentication under mklinux, but using precompiled
binaries, so I just want to make sure I don't bite off more than I can
chew...

Thanks for any info

Dan Heller
Sophomore in Computer Science @ Carnegie Mellon