Subject: Re: System hangs?
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/08/1997 16:37:28

> An "extension" in MacOS is more nearly equivalent to a loadable kernel
> module (LKM) in UNIX, actually.
>
> fundamentally, we have two problems:
>
> 1. NetBSD will not boot on a 68K Macintosh under certain user-settable
> circumstances. This needs to be documented more clearly so that users will
> set the "right" parameters.
>
> 2. NetBSD should, in fact, correctly handle all of these potential hardware
> states (i.e. reset things enough until it can run). These bugs should be
> identified, reported, and fixed.
>
> "send-pr" is your friend. Use it often; it's not that difficult.

For best results, include patches!

If you don't like the install docs, re-write them! (though look at
what other ports do for ideas, too)

As it stands, AFAIK, only two mac68k-centric folks have CVS access
(Scott and Allen). They are both way busy, and Scott especially so with
the new family addition. So if you see something that needs fixing,
send'em a fix.

For something like install notes, just hack on it, and then point all
of us on the list at it, and we'll comment. :-)

Take care,

Bill