Subject: RE: Hard drive formatting problem (cont.)
To: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <71410.25@compuserve.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/08/1997 17:45:25
>Uh...you wouldn't still have a copy of that CMS SCSI Tools around would
>you?  "Drive needs a low-level format" is exactly what I am getting.
>Silverlining Lite's Info function also informs me that:
>
>Total sectors = 1
>Bytes per sector = 512
>Cylinders (tracks) = 0
>Heads (platters) = 0
>Sectors = 0

Sean,

There's an old public domain disk formatter called S&I (I think) that may
also work. One needs to be handy with ResEdit to patch in the drive
parameters first, but then it's supposed to work.  I've never tried it
but I seem to recall reading a USENET posting a few months ago that
someone in Europe had it working with current versions of System.  You
can do an Archie search for "disk formatters", or use www.filez.com to
search for it.

good luck,
-bob