Subject: Re: a few binaries
To: synapse <synapse@xeo.net>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/08/1997 08:33:14
Hi,

The binaries for some of the things you are looking for can be found in
the Amiga binary archive.  For those of you who just tuned in, Amigab
binaries will work on the mac68K port as well.

On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, synapse wrote:

> hello,
> i was attempting to compile fvwm, and was missing an include, xpm.h. i
> found this file nowhere on my hard drive. can anyone send me the file, or
> the fvwm binary if they have one? i'd rather have a URL to one, actually.
> isn't xpm.h part of motif? i don't have that, nor am i going to buy it. is
> passing around this include file a bad thing?

I am using the Amiga binary of fvwm.  They also have version 2 and fvwm95
available.  The URL is:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-Amiga/contrib/X11/fvwm-1.24l-bin10.tar.gz

You will also want to get the pixmap library.  It is at

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-Amiga/contrib/X11/libXpm-3.4g-bin11.tar.gz

> does anyone else have some nice ways they use X11R6? does openwindows
> work
> with NetBSD? i use X11R6 and twm right now.
> thanks a lot!

OpenWindows is now freely available. You can get precompiled binaries at:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-Amiga/contrib/X11/openwin-bin11A.tar.gz

They also have olvwm and some other OpenWindow bianries available.

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-Amiga/contrib/X11/olvwm-4.1-bin11.tar.gz

Hope this helps,

Mark Andres   E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
    Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
 http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/