Subject: Re: a few binaries
To: synapse <synapse@xeo.net>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/07/1997 17:03:59
On Mon, 7 Jul 1997, synapse wrote:

> hello,
> i was attempting to compile fvwm, and was missing an include, xpm.h. i
> found this file nowhere on my hard drive. can anyone send me the file, or
> the fvwm binary if they have one? i'd rather have a URL to one, actually.
> isn't xpm.h part of motif? i don't have that, nor am i going to buy it. is
> passing around this include file a bad thing?

	xpm.h is part of libxpm, which provides pixmaps (bitmaps that
	support more than two colours). You should be able to find libxpm
	using altavista - it is in no way related to motif.

> I had problems compiling tcpdump, has anyone succeeded doing this? i'd
> like a binary of this as well. As a matter of fact, i'd like something
> that logs ICMP's, in binary format. I've attempted to compile numerous
> other icmp-logging programs, but to no avail. anyone?

	tcpdump should come with NetBSD - what problems are you finding?

> err, i know i should be looking through the FAQ, but MSIE is screwed on my
> computer right now: how do i access the left, middle and right mouse
> buttons?

	Pass - I use netscape :)

> does anyone else have some nice ways they use X11R6? does openwindows work
> with NetBSD? i use X11R6 and twm right now.
> thanks a lot!

	For a good selection of window managerss (including OLVWM - a
	virtual openwidows like WM) check out:

	http://www.PLiG.org/xwinman/

- Thought for the day... "I miss my dog"