Subject: Hard drive formatting problem
To: None <71410.25@CompuServe.COM>
From: brian wildasinn <bwildasi@csulb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/07/1997 12:06:43
On 06 Jul 97 09:25:16 EDT T. Sean (Theo) Schulze wrote...
> One other odd thing I have noticed about the drive is that I will turn
> the drive on before starting up the computer (MacOS boot), but as the
> computer starts up, the Empire 2100S will spin down and then spin back
> up again.

i had a similar problem with a seagate drive, the solution for me was to
move a set of jumpers on the drive to a different setting--many drives
have jumpers that allow manipulation of drive functions. mine has delay
motor start, etc...check out FWB's tools (eg, world control), which
should also show what scsi operations can be changed. You also might
want to check out your owner's manual that came with the drive, or write
to the company for one.

hope that helps...sincerely,
brian w.
bwildasi@csulb.edu