Subject: Re: Hard drive formatting problem
To: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
From: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <71410.25@CompuServe.COM>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/07/1997 03:17:00
Dan,

>OK, it isn't your SCSI chain, unless you have a bad cable. (The latter is a
>real possibility!)
>Quantum drives are pretty forgiving about termination, in my experience.

The cable is good.  Well, at least it works with no problems when it is
attached to my other SCSI devices.

>Are you using Mac OS 7.5? (I guess you must, with a 8500, but I have to ask!)

I am running System 7.5.5 on my PPC 8500/120.  I'd have to check the
IIci, but I think it is either 7.5.5 also or 7.5.3.

>If not, do you have the Rev 4.3 asynchronous SCSI extension?

I just checked the Apple Tech Info library on Compuserve, and SCSI
Manager 4.3 is built into the ROMs of all PPC computers.  (You had me
going though when I couldn't find it in my Extensions folder!)

Regards,

Sean.

                 T. Sean (Theo) Schulze
71410.25@compuserve.com            TSSchulze@aol.com
"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current"
("They change their sky but not their soul who cross
  the ocean.")  --  Horace