Subject: Re: Hard drive formatting problem
To: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
From: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <71410.25@CompuServe.COM>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/07/1997 03:17:00
Mark,

>Just a thought. Have you tried using the hard disk in question in a
>different case?  Try taking one of your internal drives that works and put
>it in the external case you are using.  Likewise, try putting the
>questionable drive and run it as an internal drive.  See if it makes a
>difference.  It could be that there is something funky with the external
>case and not the drive.

I have two external drive cases, and I have tried the drive in both.  I
know for certain that the other drive case works, because it houses a
540MB drive that holds two of my NetBSD partitions.  I haven't tried it
internally yet because I don't have the mounting brackets to mount it
internally, and because I'm not sure I am ready to tackle an internal
mount.  (I wonder if my local Apple dealer would have the brackets in
stock.)

>I have both APS and Silverlining for HD formatting.  I like Silverlining,
>although my copy is rather old.  But it still works.  So I can make a
>similar offer.  If you would like to try a copy, I can provide one and if
>it works for you can you talk to the good folks at La Cie about getting a
>legal copy.

I will take you up on your offer of the Silverlining demo copy.  I
promise to purchase a copy of whatever formatter works.

Regards,

Sean.

                 T. Sean (Theo) Schulze
                 Caught in the 'net at: