Subject: Re: PowerBook 145b
To: Sven Eric Panitz <panitz@ki.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/06/1997 16:37:08
On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Sven Eric Panitz wrote:

> Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 08:02:56 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Sven Eric Panitz <panitz@ki.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de>
> To: port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: PowerBook 145b
>

> I just tried to install netbsd on my PowerBook 145b. Unfortunatly it
> does not boot but stops with the following message:
>

> adb: bus subsystem
> unknown OS trap 0xa09f, no trap address available
> panic: mrg_aline_super()
> Stopped at      _Debugger+0x6: unlk    a6
>

> I am using GENERIC-32 as kernel, where adb support for most PowerBooks
> is said to be supported.

The 145 (and apparently the 145B for the same reason) still isn't
supported with MRG-based kernels.  A HWDIRECT kernel of the same era
should work fine (i.e. HWDIRECT, the driver formerly known as ADBTEST).

David

|David A. Gatwood                    "My Head or my Heart...  that is   |
|davagatw@mars.utm.edu               the question. To be or not to be   |
|dgatwood@globegate.utm.edu                   is but a trifle."         |
|http://globegate.utm.edu                  http://www.utm.edu/~davagatw |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw             http://www.nyx.net/~dgatwood |