Subject: Re: Serial console problems...
To: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/06/1997 11:57:35
On 07/05/1997 at 5:27 PM -0400, you wrote:

> running ppp over the device is something else, but the getty driver can't
> handle it. (from my experience, anyway, like trying to use slirp or zmodem
> file xfers)

Hm... That's good news, then. My project for today is to set up SLiRP on
the beastie. From there, I'm going to try to use a Plus with some old
VersaTerm terminal server software, so *hopefully* I'll be able to have
anyone on the net use ADSP to come into the terminal server, and from there
have the terminal server connect to the NetBSD box using a telnet-based CTB
tool. (The only thing I'm not sure of is if the terminal server will allow
for multiple incoming connections through one ADSP endpoint, but I'll find
that out. If worse comes to worse, I'll just give each machine its own
"entrace point" on the terminal server.) This is the easiest way I can
think of to get the NetBSD box on the network right now, given that it has
to talk to a bunch of LocalTalked machines. If anyone has a simpler
solution, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, Rube Goldberg it is! :)

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the detailed and friendly help.

--
        Mason Loring Bliss    /\    mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us
      PGPKeyID: 0x25B3D5B5   /()\   awake ? sleep() : dream();