Subject: Re: Netbsd on Performa 475
To: Kalle Haglunds <haglunds@stockholm.mail.telia.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/06/1997 12:28:25
Hi,

Since no one has answered his one, I will take a crack at it.  First of
all, we need more information as to what exactly is the problem.  What
error messages do you get?

Also, what version of the binaries are you using?  What kernel are you
using?  I would recommend for your Perfora that you get the laest snapshot
binaries from:

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/latest/snapshot

You can download a recent kernel to go with the snapshot binaries at:

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/latest/kernels

However, you should be warned that your P475 probably has a 68LC040 CPU in
it. There are problems running NetBSD on this CPU due to flaws in the
chip.  For more information, see the page:

  http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/LC040-and-BSD.html

Mark

On Fri, 4 Jul 1997, Kalle Haglunds wrote:

> Is it possible to run netbsd in a Performa 475 with 20 mb of RAM? I have
> made a few tries with the boot-test described in the FAQ, but without
> success. I have worked with UNIX before but I almost don't know anything
> about the technical stuff, so please be gentle :-)

Mark Andres   E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
    Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
 http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/