Subject: Serial console progress, but questions remain...
To: Port Mac 68K <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/05/1997 15:48:07
Hi! I figured out that I needed to turn on the serial ports in /etc/ttys to
log in over a serial line. However, I still get the following:

Jul  5 08:13:22 myname getty[137]: /dev/ttye0: Device not configured

It doesn't stop me from logging in - it just spits itself out just after
the "login: " prompt is put up - but I'm curious as to what it means.

Anyway, thanks in advance for the ideas. :) I'm going to head out as soon
as possible to find some of the recommended books.

--
        Mason Loring Bliss    /\    mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us
      PGPKeyID: 0x25B3D5B5   /()\   awake ? sleep() : dream();