Subject: Re: GENERIC kernels and PowerBooks again . . .
To: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/05/1997 12:43:59
> I posted to the list about two days ago regarding the fact that no GENERIC
> kernel has ever worked with PB internal video (including GENERIC-33 which
> I just tried).  Since Takashi's PMTEST.961214.122.iv.ncr kernel works
> just fine, I suspect that somehow Michael Zucca's IntVid code has been broken
> in the GENERIC releases.

I believe I mentioned this to Scott and Allen but I haven't heard from them
in many moons. I had *thought* that the Intvidtest 0.x code was merged with
the official kernel source but either it never quite happened or it got lost
or something but it's not in the kernel source anymore.

The patches were kind of quick and dirty and I think Scott wanted to clean
up the code before putting it into the source tree for the "second" time :)