Subject: Re: Simple Questions
To: Aaron Gerega <ag001e@uhura.cc.rochester.edu>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/30/1997 15:44:25
> I have a few really simple questions so the answers can probably just be
> sent back to me as oppsed to the entire list.  I've finally got the basics
> installed and I'm trying to set up networking.  I'm not sure what files I
> have to add or edit however.  I'm used to FreeBSD with all of it's nice
> menus but I have some knowledge of the type of files I should be editting.
> Basically what I need is a brief listing of files that need to be editted
> (examples are always welcome) or a pointer to a good FAQ on this.  I didn't
> find the generic MacBSD FAQ too useful but I'll keep looking.  Once again
> sorry to bug you guys with the simple stuff but this is the stuff I've never
> really had to deal with before.

There is a wonderful NetBSD networking FAQ available out there on the web
somewhere in Germany (my, that sounds wonderfully vague ;-)  If I don't
have a pointer to it on the NetBSD/mac68k Meta-FAQ, and it's not available
off of the main NetBSD FAQ's page, you can probably do a search for it via
AltaVista, or a similar search engine.

However, you might also want to check out the NetBSD/mac68k Networking
HOWTO.  It should be somewhere around:

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/

There are both Open-Transport and MacTCP versions of the HOWTO.

I hope this helps.

Later.