Subject: Re: Quick Question
To: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@glue.umd.edu>
From: tcjam <tcjam@voicenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/30/1997 13:59:17
Sorry if this is a little late but I think you could fit the system (from
a utilities disk) and Alex Lagutin's Das Boot
(http://info.khv.ru/style/alex/dasboot/dasboot.html) on a floppy.
This is a great little INIT that lets you choose which
system to boot at startup it does everything you need. Just give it your
settings from the booter and set a few options like 1-bit video and such
and your off. If you have a caps lock key that is physical you can even
lock it into booting BSD unattended and even if you have a non-physical
capslock key there is a setting for your default operating system, I
really liked this little INIT it makes running *BSD on a mac look like you
have *BSD roms :)

On Sat, 28 Jun 1997, Christopher R. Bowman wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jun 1997, Aaron Gerega wrote:
>
> > This is a quick question.
> >
> > Is there any reason I can't partition my entire HD as A/UX and boot from a
> > floppy disk that has the NetBSD booter on it?  The reason I ask is that I only
> > have 340M and whenever I try to do a dual partition (MacOS/A/UX)
> > APSPowerTools forces me to have a 53.3M root partition which isn't big
> > enough to install everything on to.  I guess that's it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Aaron Gerega
> >
> > -Thanks to everybody who helped me with my problem earlier...
>
> If you can squeeze a system and the booter on a floppy then yse you can do it, you
> can even drop the booter into the startup folder for auto startup, space is your
> only contraint.
>
> ---------
> Christopher R. Bowman
> crb@Glue.umd.edu
> My home page

                                 \||||/
                                  o  o
|| "Please explain the scientific nature         |  tcjam@voicenet.com ||
||   of the whammy." -Scully                     ______________________||
|| "Foolproof systems don't take into account,                         ||
||  the ingenuity of fools" -Unknown 			               ||
||   PGP key can be obtained from:                                     ||
||      http://www.voicenet.com/~tcjam/home/keys.html                  ||