Subject: Re: 840AV ethernet probs
To: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@Glue.umd.edu>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/30/1997 10:37:08

Christopher Bowman wrote:
> Yes, I have noticed this, while the MacCon-i NuBus card works
> exceedingly well in my IIci, when placed in my 660AV it causes
> lockups.  I believe that this is due to a difference in how the
> NuBus interrupts are routed/handled on the AV machines, thought
> I haven't as yet had an opportunity to investigate further.  I
> thought that this might be an easy wasy to get a fast machine
> to compile kernels on while keeping my files savf on a stable
> NFS server (my IIci) but alas it didn't work.

Hmmmm...if it is just an interrupt problem with the Asante card, it might
be relatively easy to work with Allen to get this one cleared up (of
course I know next to nothing about how NuBus interrupts are handled ;-)

Try sending mail to briggs@macbsd.com and see what he has to say (assuming
he has time with all the other stuff he's working on).

Later.