Subject: Re: 840AV ethernet probs
To: Tibor Pausz <pausz@stud.uni-frankfurt.de>
From: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@Glue.umd.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/30/1997 06:09:18
On Sun, 29 Jun 1997, Tibor Pausz wrote:

> >The AV Macs use the MACE chip, which is unsupported at the moment.
>
> I see. Also the MacCon Ethernet card doesn't work. NetBSD without
> Ethernet is for me useless.

Yes, I have noticed this, while the MacCon-i NuBus card works
exceedingly well in my IIci, when placed in my 660AV it causes
lockups.  I believe that this is due to a difference in how the
NuBus interrupts are routed/handled on the AV machines, thought
I haven't as yet had an opportunity to investigate further.  I
thought that this might be an easy wasy to get a fast machine
to compile kernels on while keeping my files savf on a stable
NFS server (my IIci) but alas it didn't work.

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@Glue.umd.edu
My home page