Subject: Re: Status of esp driver?
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/29/1997 21:15:09
On Sun, 29 Jun 1997, Paul Goyette wrote:

> As far as I know, asc.c is the mac68k's "Apple Sound Chip" driver, the
> only thing it can do is give out a rather poor imitation of a "feep"
> whenever something tries to send a \007 character to the console!

You're the third person to think of that.  Ken and I both thought that,
too.  Apparently, asc.c is the pmax port's NCR53c9x (where x is 4,5,6)
driver.

So, does anybody have any comments on the SCSI status of quadras?  :-)

David

|David A. Gatwood                    "My Head or my Heart...  that is   |
|davagatw@mars.utm.edu               the question. To be or not to be   |
|dgatwood@globegate.utm.edu                   is but a trifle."         |
|http://globegate.utm.edu                  http://www.utm.edu/~davagatw |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw             http://www.nyx.net/~dgatwood |