Subject: missing /etc/ld.so.conf
To: macbsd <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <cruller@unicom.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/29/1997 14:31:57
I'm trying to install X.  I've read the FAQ.   I type startx, command
not found.  I try to add the lines suggested in the FAQ to
/etc/ld.so.conf but it's not in that directory.  I've installed the
xbase, xserver, xcomp packages. I have not set myself up as a user yet,
would that have anything to do with it?

I had x running on a IIcx a while back but I forgot what magic spell I
cast on the BSD to get it fired up.  I've also read
http://macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za/xsetup.html for some hints on what I might
be doing wrong.

I know you guys get sick of reading "hey, I can't get x to run".  Is
there a NetBSD.Users mailing list that might be more appropriate for
this kind of question.

Thanks.

Gerald T. Krall