Subject: PERL
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Keith Parkins <kp004f@uhura.cc.rochester.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/28/1997 23:34:54
I am trying to compile PERL (from macbsd.com) and have run into a problem
with the Configure script. It works fine until I get to the point in the
script where it is supposed to enter the hints directory to help determine
the arch of my machine. It is unable to find the config.sh (as it should,
this is my first install) and sends the First time through . . . line.
However, it can't execute the cd hints; ls *.sh . . . , then can't open
../UU/myread. I don't have a hints directory in my perl_docs dir.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know why the script can't
open UU/myread? myread is in that directory. Oh yeah, early in the script,
it notifies me that MANIFESTO was not included in the tar I downloaded. Is
this a crucial file or the GNU manifesto?

I am running NetBSD 1.2.1 w/ SBC-15 on an LCII. Thanks for the
help! :)

Keith Parkins