Subject: Re: Quick Question
To: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@glue.umd.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/28/1997 11:08:28

> On Fri, 27 Jun 1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>

> > > This is a quick question.
> > >
> > > Is there any reason I can't partition my entire HD as A/UX and boot from a
> > > floppy disk that has the NetBSD booter on it?  The reason I ask is that I only
> > > have 340M and whenever I try to do a dual partition (MacOS/A/UX)
> > > APSPowerTools forces me to have a 53.3M root partition which isn't big
> > > enough to install everything on to.  I guess that's it.
> >
> > Mainly as we don't support the floppy drive at the moment. :-( There's
> > been some preliminary work, but I think it's stalled for lack of
> > documentation.
>
> No, no, no you misunderstand (or maybe I do, but I don't think so) the orriginal
> poster wanted to put the macos and a booter on a flopy, boot the flopy and
> use that to boot NetBSD which is entirely possible (or should be)

Re-reading, you're correct. But I kinda read ahead and wondered how to actually
install on such a beast. W/ no MacOS disk space, there's no place to put the
tar files from which to install. You could take the drive to another computer
and install there, but if you only have one, chances are it's internal. :-)

Take care,

Bill