Subject: Re: Follow up errors
To: Aaron Gerega <ag001e@uhura.cc.rochester.edu>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/27/1997 22:25:00
Hi,

It would probably be a good idea to read through the FAQ as most common
problems are answered there. The address is:

  http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/faq/

In the mean time, things to check are:

1) Virtual memory is off and RAM Doubler is no where in sight.  However,
you need to have 32-bit addressing on in the Memory control panel.

2) In the installer, you did a "Build Devices".

3) In the Booter you have set the kernel name to "netbsd" and the Root
partition name correctly.  If you are not sure, use the command
"disklabel" in the Installer "mini shell".

4) Reboot into MacOS with extensions off. Then boot into NetBSD.

5) Make sure the video depth is set to 1-bit.

Mark

On Fri, 27 Jun 1997, Aaron Gerega wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I seem to be jinxed with this whole installation/booting of NetBSD.  I
> finally got the machine to start booting but it crashes/locks up about 10
> seconds into the boot.  Below is a screen capture of what I get.  Looks like
> some programmers demented idea of a joke :)
>
> Booting...MID_M68K executable: entry 0x3365.
> 770544+57724+99004+45732+48403
>    Bye-bye...
> 	So I sez to him...  The real way
> 	that it should be done is to...
>
> Specs on machine and what I've done:
> 	Mac IIci w/ 8M RAM
> 	I partitioned the drive with APS PowerTools
> 	I ran MKFS on my A/UX partition
> 	I installed everything except for the man pages and games
> 	I set SCSI ID, Single User Boot in the default install program
> 	Halt on non fatal errors is turned off
>
> I'm stuck.  Could anybody point me in the right direction?
>
> Aaron Gerega

Mark Andres   E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
    Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
 http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/