Subject: Re: Wow! What's with this neat FTP program?
To: Jude Giampaolo <jude@ruf2ece.psu.edu>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/26/1997 15:18:02
On Thu, 26 Jun 1997, Jude Giampaolo wrote:
> Are you sure its not just NcFTP? I've been using if for years on
> my linux boxes (boxen?) and under AIX and HPUX. Kind of nifty...

No, NetBSD-current's ftp isn't NcFTP, but it does have a nice progress bar
similar to NcFTP's... it can also get ftp and http URLs too (I think ncftp
can only get ftp URLs).

Anyways, I did get NetBSD's ftp compiled on BSDI, and I don't think it was
too much trouble. If you just want a progress bar though, get ncftp. It's
somewhere on ftp.probe.net, I think. I personally prefer the 1.x version
over the 2.x one :) (both are available there)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++