Subject: Could somebody give me some help
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aaron Gerega <ag001e@uhura.cc.rochester.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/26/1997 10:15:33
I've looked through the FAQs etc and I haven't been able to find a solution
to my problem.  This is my first time trying to install any sort of unix
variant on a Mac and I'm running into some difficulties.  I installed NetBSD
1.2.1 onto a IIci with 8 megs of RAM.  I have been unable to boot up the
system however and I'm not sure exactly what's wrong.  I was thinking that
perhaps I might have my SCSI root id set incorrectly so I've tried every
setting from 0-9.  0 is the SCSI id of the HD containing my root partition.
That doesn't work though since I get some sort of bad magic number error.
Every other number gives me a SCSISelect() # 2 error.  I'm not sure what
else I can even try to do to get this machine up and running.  Any and all
help would be greatly appreciated.  If any further information is needed I
will try to supply it.

Thanks,
Aaron Gerega