Subject: Re: Booting a c650
To: None <trini@ziplink.net>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/24/1997 21:11:53
On Tue, 24 Jun 1997 17:22:33 -0400 (EDT),
Tom Rini <trini@ziplink.net> wrote:

> ok.  After I tell it to boot, act calls the shutdown manager, then locks
> up.  nothing that would imply that it switched from macos to netbsd.  I
> went an followed the normal installtion, (all the packages except the sec.
> one), and genericsbc-32 kernel.  I went and checked the FAQ, turned on
> B&W, 32-bit memory on, give the booter 18000k ram to run, made sure i had
> the right kernel name, correct root scsi id, correct ammound of total ram,
> and auto-size, turned off all extentions (running 7.5.5 too).  under
> options->booting I have  singer user, extra debugging info, show dialong &
> wait for OK, and halt boot on non-fatal errors on (booter 1.10.1).  I have
> the kernel location set to NetBSD/mac, correct kernel name, partition, and
> memory set. Under Options->Serial, I have nothing checked.
>
> Anything else?  Should I be using the non-sbc kernel?

No, the symptom you describe seems to have nothing to do with the SCSI
driver.  I'm starting to wonder whether or not, by any chance, you
turned on serial console option in the Booter option dialog box...
Did you?  If that was the case, you would not see any activity on the
internal video.  Rather, everything would go to the serial port.

Ken