Subject: Re: Headless server -- how to? Q's
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/24/1997 12:54:36
> I've had a fair amount of luck with MacX, but another free possibility is
> MI/X at http://www.microimages.com/freestuf/
>
> It doesn't have all the fonts, and I didn't fiddle with it enough to get
> more working, but most applications didn't have trouble using it.  It's
> PPC-native, comes with twm or you can run the window manager as an x-client
> off your NetBSD box.  For being free it wasn't too bad.

I tried that one.  It would generally, run, but crashed a lot.  It also
had particular applications that it very much didn't like--netscape and
xv come to mind--they resulted in *massive* redraws, about every
horizontal line, and were unusable.  They also wouldn't work with splus
graphics, which is what i needed at the time.

rick