Subject: Boot up errors
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Aaron Gerega <ag001e@uhura.cc.rochester.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/24/1997 09:54:56
Hi.  I ahve attempted to install NetBSD on an old IIci.  Everything seemed
to be working fine until I tried to boot up.  I believe there is a 320M
Maxtor HD that I partitioned for the installation at SCSI ID 0.  The
booter's default SCSI address is 2 so I gave it the benfit of the doubt and
tried to boot.  I was rewarded with the following error:

Error on SCSISelect() # 2

Not having a clue what this meant I decided to edit my options and set Root
SCSI ID to 0 at which point I got an even nastier error:

Magic Numbers do not match -- Improper UFS Partition
Could not open kernel "(0,?)netbsd".

I'm clueless (if you haven't already noticed).  Any help, suggestions would
be appreciated.

Aaron