Subject: Re: X on Zip
To: None <tomeuv@arrakis.es>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/23/1997 13:41:16
> Is it possible to run NetBSD with X Windows on a Zip?

It should be. There are seperate questions, using a Zip, and using X. X
b&w, certainly. Color X on external video cards, yes.  External video
cards in a Q700, I'm not sure. A Zip on a Q700, I think so. Other folks
will know about it (on older macs, you need to use an SBC kernel, but I
think the Q700 uses a different SCSI controller, so it might not have
the same problem.

> I'm using a Quadra 700, if that matters.
>
> And another thing: @how can I telnet to a Linux Pentium from my NetBSD mac
> through a null modem cable?

Fire up ppp. man pppd will tell you how. There are kits for doing dial up,
but ppp over a null modem's simpler.

Take care,

Bill